Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Reasons to hire a makeup artist


Welcome to the first edition of Wedding Wednesday -- once or twice each month I will be sharing some of the knowledge I have gained over time about weddings. Crafts, planning, you name it. :) Enjoy!

A lot of us ask "Why should I hire a makeup artist on my wedding day when I do my own makeup every day on my own and look just fine?" A makeup artist is an expert who can help you create and define a look for your day, providing both the tools and the peace of mind that you look amazing on your wedding day. 

Consultations help define your look. If you have a look in mind for your wedding day, a makeup artist can help you take your ideas and put them altogether for your makeup. Having a trial run beforehand also helps you feel more confident in how you will look, which coincidentally is great for an engagement shoot. :) You won't feel lost in putting on your makeup for the day and the artistry in your makeup is just one more thing off your plate.

Makeup artists are experts. They have skills in lighting and they know that your makeup has to be maybe a notch more dramatic to read better on camera or perhaps in the candle lit church where you are saying your vows. A makeup artist is usually certified to do his or her job and has plenty of samples and creative experience. You won't have to worry about under-applying or over-applying your makeup on the day of your wedding and instead you can relax and enjoy being pampered.

Makeup artists have the tools. They have all the makeup, brushes, and tools to make you look amazing. That saves you money, time, and stress since you don't have to shop for wedding day makeup. I know when I am out shopping for makeup sometimes I run into something that doesn't quite work out for me for whatever reason and a makeup artist has everything he or she needs to make you look amazing -- no expensive trips to department stores necessary. :)

Peace of mind. Trusting your makeup to a professional should be as common as trusting a hairstylist on your big day. The reasoning is exactly the same -- creating a certain look and making sure that look will last. Airbrush makeup and waterproof mascara and eyeliner professionally applied last longer and create better results on camera and help you relax as you prepare.

The last reason is that you feel better when you feel pampered. I know I do. You will have an extra spring in your step and twinkle in your eye because you feel extra beautiful and kind of smile and inner self confidence is something that can't be matched. :)

The awesome makeup artist pictured above is my friend Shasta Hankins. She is an amazing artist. To learn more about her and the services she offers, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment