Friday, April 26, 2013

That One Person

I am a major homebody sometimes. On cold nights when my husband is at work on the graveyard shift there is nothing that I like to do better than unwind with a cup of tea and watch movies on Netflix as the dogs curl up next to me, snoring and barking at cats in their sleep. In the wee hours of Wednesday morning I watched The Giant Mechanical Man. I watched it on accident -- I can't remember what I thought I clicked on but I didn't want to stop watching. Definitely a happy accident. It starred Jenna Fischer of The Office and it was both heartwarming and comforting.



It was all about a woman who feels lost in the world and finds love and acceptance in the place she least expects. It was realistic and uplifting at the same time.

My favorite quote from the movie was about finding the right person."I heard someone say something recently that it just takes one person, you know? Just one person to make you feel like you belong. To make you feel special."


I am blessed enough to have that one person. My husband James makes me belong. He makes me feel special. And because I have him in my life it's my job to pass it on -- to people in line at the grocery store, baristas at Starbucks, and everyone around me. That movie reinforced that for me and it was so sweet and refreshing. 

Who or what is a breath of fresh air in your life today? If you can't name anyone, I dare you to go out and love someone on purpose. Make them feel like they belong. Like they're special. You can be that one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment