Monday, April 22, 2013

I think I may live in Winterfell...

The year we moved to the mountains we had fresh snow on Easter. I was very sad because if there's one thing I like to do it's go sleeveless on Easter. I thought maybe my dear husband had moved me to Narnia. You know, the mythical place where it's always winter?

Last year our friends got us hooked on Game of Thrones. We spent hours cuddled up watching the Starks of Winterfell as they continually proclaimed "Winter is coming!" For those of you not familiar with Game of Thrones, winter lasts decades and is kind of a big deal.


This morning I was on my way out the door to a meeting I realized our lawn was carpeted with snow. And not accidental hail. Real live snow. Although my sister-in-law may have referred to it as "hard frost" this morning.


This is the hill right outside our window. This is the kind of snow that has no intention of melting. And no, this is not a super high altitude or a zoom lens crop.

Since it seems like winter will never end, I am considering increasing the feathers and furs in my wardrobe. If we're lucky, maybe we'll only have a five year winter this time. :)



How's the weather where you are? Warming up? Warm and summery already? Leave me a comment and tell me all about it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment