Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Shrug and Spring Thoughts


I was browsing on Style Me Pretty the other day ...Okay. We are going to stop right there. Does one actually browse Style Me Pretty or perhaps does one drool over the wedding related content there? I personally drool. So I was drooling over Style Me Pretty the other day and I saw the above picture. I not only fell in love with the vintage vibe but I thought that the light shrug accented with the delicate peach fuzz flower petals was beautiful and such a cute alternative to the heavier shrugs I've seen. I thought it would be perfect for spring. 

Then I decided I was going to be fancy and make a design board for a spring wedding. Here in the Inland Northwest spring has been late in coming so I thought maybe a couple of warm elements like this shrug would be great. Then I typed in "spring" and hit search.

I forgot spring here in this part of the country is also known as "winter" to everyone else. :)

That being said there are still plenty of people getting married this time of year and for spring or fall weddings shrugs are a great option to add a little bit of warmth or interest to your dress. Here are some of my personal favorites:


If you like a vintage or DIY vibe, this shrug might be your dream come true. It looks mostly knit with some crochet and beading. It would make a great addition to a dress with clean lines and would give it a little extra glam and texture. 



The French Vanilla Bridal Wrap by Bonzie may be right up your alley if you just want something light. It is backless for a little extra fun maybe for summer or the more adventurous bride. 

I thought that these were cute ideas to add a little interest, cover, and warmth. I hope you enjoyed them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment