Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Josh and Beca are Married!

Josh and Beca's May wedding day dawned cloudy. Overcast skies loomed as I drove to Uptown Hair Studio in Kellogg. I love cloudy days -- I am one quarter English and so the rainier the better. I believe there is no bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. Cloudy days also create beautiful lighting for anyone brave enough to venture forth to take photographs. I was excited and ready to shoot. 
 
Storybook Bridal, Coeur d'Alene Idaho
 Beca wore a mermaid gown from Storybook Bridal in Coeur d'Alene. Her dad helped her choose the fit and flair dress with rosette detail and beautiful beading. Her amazing sisters helped me play stylist to get this shot. :)
 
Pearls with wedding dress
 
I loved the pearls Beca wore on her wedding day. They were classic with a hint of modern. Gorgeous!
 
 
Ah, the much-heralded blue shoes. The satin covered stillettos were chosen by her husband-to-be, Josh. It is always wonderful to know the story behind the details.
 

Makeup artist Kellogg ID
 
The makeup artist and hair stylist did an amazing job. If you are getting married or live in the Kellogg area, I highly recommend the Uptown Hair Studio.
 
Kellogg ID Wedding Photographer
 
Beca's sisters had some fun after they helped me style the dress.
 
Spokane WA Wedding Photographer
I love the drama of this image. Beca is facing her future, getting ready to marry the love of her life as she dons her pearls. Images like this tell a story and hold so much romance.
 
WA Spokane LDS Temple
 
Josh and Beca were married in the Spokane Latter-Day Saint temple. As I arrived on the beautifully manicured property, the clouds broke. This picture shows how dark the clouds were most of the day.

Spokane WA LDS Temple
LDS weddings take place inside the temple, and no photographs are allowed as a matter of reverence and respect. As I waited for Beca nd Josh I was able to take this image. Very pretty.
 
Spokane WA Wedding Photographer
 
There was a lot of excitement and emotion as Josh and Beca came out from their ceremony as man and wife. Hugs were everywhere, and I love how Josh swept up his new mom-in-law into a big hug!
Spokane WA Wedding Photographer
 

 After some family pictures at the temple,  the bride and groom went to take a few pictures at Mirabeau park.
Mirabeau Park Wedding Photographer Spokane WA
 
Spokane WA Wedding Photographer
 
 
These two are so in love and have so much fun together!

 
After a few minutes of photos, we headed back to the Kellogg area -- to the LDS church in Pinehurst where the reception was held. 
 
Kellogg ID Wedding Photography

Kellogg ID Wedding Photography
 
Their friends and family had so many good wishes and blessings for their new marriage. It was so loving and sweet.

Kellogg ID Wedding Photography
 

I asked Beca who she hired to make the delicious cake and the answer was -- no one! A very talented friend made one of the prettiest and tastiest cakes I have ever eaten. It was extremely good.
 
 
Kellogg ID Wedding PhotographyKellogg ID Wedding Photography
It is clear Josh and Beca's family love them and were so happy to celebrate with them. They spontaneously created a confetti moment as Josh and Beca were getting ready to leave for their honeymoon.


Josh and Beca, thank you for believing in me and trusting me to capture your beautiful wedding day. I wish you both a lifetime of blessings and happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment